Monday 18 August 2014

Here are some of my first basic drawings of my new Man Cave idea, including perspective, plan views, section, and elevations.

My meeting for this space is between man and liquor, more specifically, whiskey. I decided that through this meeting, this space would be a whiskey tasting complex, which is situated underground. It is a public place, however the entrance may be somewhat mis leading as to what lies beneath as the boat shed has nothing in it except for a staircase that takes you down below.

I had done some digging and found that whiskey is stored in wooden barrels, similar to those of wine. I then used this element in my designs to provide a context for the space.

The theme of the space is based on what my stereotypical view of a man cave looks like (e.g. natural materials- wood, rock, metal etc). And so I used these natural elements to my advantage to create something manly.








No comments:

Post a Comment